HOFT INstitute works closely with a company called University Placement Program (UPP) to help our students find and gain guaranteed conditional admission to high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the United States. Working together, HOFT and UPP offer personable support and comprehensive options to select the best school for you amongst our elite educational partners.
Conditional Admissions Program
University Placement Program Partner Schools
University Placement Program partners with 100+ top U.S. colleges and universities, including:
- 37 Two-Year Schools (Community Colleges)
- 39 Four-Year Undergraduate Programs
- 33 Four-Year Graduate Programs
Find a detailed list of these schools here!
Eligibility for Conditional Admissions
To be eligible for Conditional Admissions, students must either be currently enrolled at HOFT Institute or intend to enroll in the near future. Students applying for undergraduate or graduate programs must also meet minimum admissions requirements for their schools and majors of choice.
When the student applies to HOFT Institute, we issue the I-20 form along with an official acceptance letter. These documents make the student eligible for to study in our 15-week Academic Core program. Under this service, HOFT Institute will work directly with UPP to request conditional admissions from the desired school for the student. Students who qualify will then be granted a letter of conditional admissions that will specify the conditions that he/she must meet before they can be fully-admitted and begin at University. Upon confirmation of final acceptance, we will transfer the student’s I-20.
UPP Services & Costs
Regular Placement Service
= $200 for Undergraduate Programs
= $250 for Graduate Programs
The Regular Placement Service provides you with personalized assistance from an experienced UPP Placement Advisor throughout the entire application process. This is a great option for those students who are more independent.
- School application fee
- Unlimited school advising service
- UPP application management
- Quick, guaranteed school acceptance decisions
- Express mail service of documents
Premium Placement Service
= $500 for all Programs
The Premium Placement Service is designed for students who wish to have more assistance with the sometimes complex arrangements that need to be made after being accepted into their decided program.
- Regular Placement Service (as listed above)
- Assistance and confirmation of housing
- Assistance and confirmation of airport pick up service
- Assistance and confirmation of school orientation
- Assistance with scholarship notification and application
UPP will help arrange and confirm housing placement, airport pick-up service, school orientation, and scholarship application. Student is responsible for signing all forms and making all payments directly. Additional forms required and must be done at least 30 days in advance of student arrival or late fees may apply.
Conditional Admission Application Checklist
- Complete the HOFT Institute ESL Program Application & Pay $200 Fee (this includes ESL application fee of $100 & an additional $100 fee for the Conditional Admissions service, both of which are non-refundable)
- Complete the University Placement Program Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gather Supporting Documents:
- Official copy of ALL school transcripts with English translations
- Graduation certificate / diploma from your most recent school (high school, college or university)
- Official Bank Statement(s) less than 3 months old that list the amount of your personal, family or government financial support. The names of the account holders on bank statements should be written in English.
- 1-2 page typed personal statement explaining your reasons for wanting to study in the USA
- Copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Copies of your English test score reports (TOEFL/IELTS), if available.
- Additional Requirements for Graduate Programs:
- Official transcripts and course-by-course foreign credential evaluation from reputable third-party company such as World Education Services (www.wes.org)
- Copies of your graduate test score reports (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT), if available
- Recommendation letters from at least two (2) of your former teachers and/or work supervisors.
- Mail all Supporting Documents to:
HOFT Institute ESL Program
Attn: Conditional Admissions Program
2400 Pearl Street
Austin, Texas 78705
(*) Please allow 5-7 weeks for the processing of your application. You will be notified in writing of the acceptance or denial of your conditional admissions request. Good luck!