Although HOFT Institute does not have on-campus housing for students, there are many available options within walking distance of our school. See the list below of short-term (hotels) and long-term (dormitories) housing options near our campus.
New students are encouraged to make their first-semester housing arrangements through our partner-company Simply International, a free support service specifically designed for international students planning to study in Austin. It can be difficult to know what to look for and where to find it, so Simply International has combined everything you need to know in one easy-to-use site: www.simplyinternational.com/iaei/.
Through Simply International, finding and reserving units online is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Go to https://simplyinternational.com/iaei/
- Click “Register” then create an account
- Click “Join Group” and enter the following group code: hoft2400
- Explore Available Housing Options
- When you have made a selection, click “Reserve a Unit” then…
- Select location
- Choose a floorplan
- Choose a unit
- Click “Book Now” and input required information
- Pay to finalize your reservation
Have questions or need further assistance? Please email Kristen Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: HOFT Institute does not endorse or promote any of the housing options listed on this page.
Making Housing Arrangements
All students are responsible for making their own housing arrangements. There are many housing choices in Austin. Some students choose to rent an apartment or house while others choose to reside with roommates in shared housing. You can share with a friend, or with one of the many students who look for housing in Austin.
The median apartment rents in 2014 are as follows:
- 1 bedroom – $853
- 2 bedroom – $1074
- 3 bedroom – $1454
You’ll find many available apartments near campus that rent by the room. These apartments are typically furnished with all utilities included in the rent payment.
Short-term leases are available for most shared housing opportunities. Rent varies depending on the apartment and size of bedroom. Rent tends to be between $500 and $750 a month.
Apartment Locator Services often provide free apartment locating services.
Feeling confused about what you should know when looking for an apartment or home rental? We recommend that you ask the following questions when trying to select a rental:
- What is the rental price?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms does the apartment have?
- How many people may legally share the apartment?
- Is the lease an individual lease or a joint lease?
- What utilities are included? How are excluded utilities billed?
- What amenities are included?
- What appliances and/or furniture are in the apartment?
- What form of rental payment is acceptable?
- How close is IAEI?
- How close is the nearest bus stop?
- Where is the nearest grocery store?
- Do they offer roommate-matching assistance?
- What are the application requirements? Is there an application fee?
- How much is the security deposit?
- Who is responsible for appliance repairs and maintenance?
- Is there a written move-out policy?
- What is the sublet policy?
- Is short-term lease available? What’s the difference in monthly rent between short-term & year leases?
- What is your policy for early termination of the lease?
- What is your pet policy?
- What is the neighborhood school my children would attend? Is it near IAEI?