Erin TaylorAcademic Director
Katie WinstanleyAssociate Director
Marta Pelrine-BaconSenior Instructor
Brian BeanSenior Instructor
- University of Massachusetts, Boston – M.A. Applied Linguistics
- Cal State Fullerton – B.S. Linguistics
Prior to completing her graduate degrees, she completed a TEFL certificate and a year of K-12 teacher training.
Marta is a Senior Teacher at HOFT Insitute with 25 years of teaching experience. Before she came to HOFT, she worked for the United States Peace Corps in Bulgaria. Marta is also an artist and a published author.
- Kent State University – M.A. English
- Indiana State University – B.A. English
Brian has been teaching at HOFT for 10 years and working in education for 20 years. He is also a talented musician.
- University of Missouri, Kansas City – B.A. Liberal Arts
Gala has been with HOFT for 4 years. Prior to coming to HOFT, she worked as a translator and instructor in Ecuador. Her clients included United Nations personnel, government agencies, multi-national companies, and diplomat training programs. Gala is also passionate about health and fitness.
- University of North Carolina, Asheville – B.A. Psychology
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton – European Languages, Linguistics and International Studies
Mariah has been with HOFT for 4 years. Prior to joining HOFT, she worked in Mexico as an instructor and curriculum developer. She regularly volunteers both in Austin and abroad.
- Indiana University – M.A. Second Language Studies
- University of Texas, Austin – B.A. Linguistics
Patrick is a new teacher at HOFT. He has been teaching for over 10 years. Patrick has also been a valuable volunteer for the refugee community.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – B.A. English
Alexis is a new HOFT instructor. Prior to joining us at HOFT, she taught English in universities in Saudi Arabia. She also served in the United States Air Force.
- Texas State University – B.A. International Studies
Alexis earned a CELTA certification from Cambridge University.
All HOFT Institute ESL program faculty have earned either a Masters degree or ESL specialization. They have been selected for their excellent interpersonal and communication skills and understand the individual needs and cultural backgrounds of international students, allowing them to build genuine relationships with our students.