HOFT Institute is authorized to issue I-20 Forms for F-1 visa applicants.
Welcome to the United States!
You can get your F-1 visa and study English in the United States. Here are the steps.
- First, you should apply to HOFT Institute
Online application + $100 application fee
- Next, we will review your application, and we may ask you for any additional documents
You can send these additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for review
- Then, we will create your I-20, and we will email a copy of your I-20 to review
The I-20 has your school start date. You will need this information and the I-20 for your F-1 visa application.
- Then, we will mail your I-20 to you
We will ask you for a detailed shipping address in your home country.
International shipping usually costs between $50 and $100. You will need your physical I-20 for the F-1 visa interview.
- Then, you can pay the I-901 Fee (US Government SEVIS Fee)
Link: SEVIS Fee
SEVIS Fee instructions
You will also need the receipt of payment for the $200 SEVIS I-901 fee. You may pay the fee by credit card at www.fmjfee.com. To pay the fee, you must look at your I-20 form. You must enter your SEVIS ID number (top-left corner of the I-20 form) along with our School Code (Section number 2). You should print your receipt after paying the SEVIS I-901 fee. You must take the receipt, this letter and your I-20 to the United States Embassy or Consulate when you apply for your F-1 student visa.
- Then, you can make an appointment at the nearest US Embassy in your country
Each embassy has fees. You can ask your embassy for more information about its fees.Practice for the F-1 Visa Interview: F-1 Visa Interview Questions
AFTER F-1 VISA APPROVAL
Congratulations! You are coming to the United States! You can buy your airplane ticket.
- First, you should contact email@example.com and give us your arrival date
You can arrive in the United States 30 days before the start date on your I-20.
You cannot arrive more than 30 days early.
- Next, you should make detailed plans
If you need help, you can contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.orgHousing | Airport Pickup
- Finally, you should go to HOFT Institute
You can look at your I-20 form. The I-20 form has your school start date.
Do you want to visit us before your official start date? You can visit us early and say, “Hello!”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After I finish one semester at HOFT, do I need to leave the United States immediately?
Once you complete one semester at HOFT, you have many options.
1. You can apply for the next semester at HOFT Institute.
2. You can transfer your I-20 to a college or university.
3. You can choose to return to your home country. If you choose to return to your home country, you will have 60 days to leave the United Stated.
Do I need to leave the country to extend my I-20 form?
No. HOFT Institute can extend your I-20 inside the United States. There may be some exceptions, so we can help you explore your options.
After HOFT, can I transfer to a university without returning to my home country?
Yes. First, you will need an acceptance letter from the university.
Do I get a vacation?
Yes! After 2 consecutive semesters at HOFT, you can enjoy a vacation for 1 semester. Basically, you attend 2 semesters, and you can stay in the United States for 3 semesters! You can also use the vacation to study for your GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or TSI.
After I successfully finish Level 5 English at HOFT, can you help me transfer to a university?
Yes. We have special university partners. Some of these partner schools will waive your TOEFL requirements.
Using Your Student Benefits
F-1 Visa students may be eligible for certain benefits while they study in the United States. These include applying for a driver’s license, taking advantage of practical training opportunities and, under certain circumstances, working.
For more information about these benefits, please visit the following resource pages:
- Driving in the United States.
- Training Opportunities in the United States.
- Working in the United States.
- Obtaining a Social Security Number.
HOFT helps prospective students with I-20 Forms and obtaining student visas. We look forward to having you in our ESL classes and helping you plan your visit to the United States. Contact us to begin the process of applying for admission and learning English in the USA!
HOFT Institute – Austin TX 78705
(512) 472-6666 English@hoft.edu